Send a message
Exceptional Care & Excellent Results
We want to ensure you receive the smile you deserve when choosing Waltuch Callan Orthodontics in Edison, NJ. To guarantee your orthodontic care is seamless, we strive to keep every patient informed and knowledgeable throughout the entire process.
If you have any questions or concerns, our qualified and professional team is here to address them. We are committed to ensuring you feel comfortable and at ease whenever you visit our office for an appointment.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is an orthodontist?
What's the best age to visit the orthodontist?
How can I take care of my teeth if I'm wearing braces or a retainer?
- ALWAYS remember to brush your teeth after every meal and floss at least once a day.
- Make sure to use toothpaste that contains fluoride, and ask your orthodontist or family dentist if you need a fluoride rinse. This will help prevent cavities!
- Keep your retainer clean, too, by brushing it gently with a toothbrush and toothpaste. You may also soak it in denture cleaner as instructed by your orthodontist. Do not put your retainer in boiling water or the dishwasher.
- During your treatment, try to avoid foods with a lot of sugar, which increases the number of bacteria that grows in your mouth, causing more plaque and possibly cavities.
- Avoid sticky and chewy foods (caramel, chewing gum, gummy bears), hard foods (hard candy, nuts, ice cubes), or any foods that could get stuck in your braces (corn on the cob, soft bagels, ribs, taffy, etc.).
- Be sure to schedule your routine checkups with your family dentist. It is recommended that you continue to visit the dentist every six months.
What are braces?
- Ceramic braces
- Lingual braces
- Invisalign/3M Clarity
- Traditional metal braces
If I get braces, how long do I have to wear them?
Do braces hurt?
Do I need to brush my teeth more often if I have braces?
If I have braces, do I still need dental checkups every six months?
Will my braces interfere with my school activities like sports, playing an instrument, or singing?
How do I schedule my next appointment?
3 NJ-27 STE 204
Edison, NJ 08820
Mon: 8:30 AM - 6:00 PM
Tues: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Wed: 12:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Thurs: 8:30 AM - 6:00 PM
Friday: 7:30 AM -1:00 PM
September through June, Open two Sunday mornings a month